Thursday, March 27, 2014

"You're All The Same" Type Men

The fact of the matter is, you will never be privileged to see the inside of my bedroom before I know your intentions. And even then, should I sense even a twinge of ill will , you can pretty much dead that thought altogether. I assure you I am nothing like the women you have dealt with previous to. And for that , I will never apologize. If I am not your "cup of tea" I promise I will take absolutely no offense to you not "drinking me." It takes a certain kind of man to appreciate what I bring to the table and if that's not you, no sweat. We can part ways now with no bad blood between us two, but what I don't want is an impersonator. I despise a pretender.We are grown and you are entitled to live your life according to your own terms , so by all means , do you, just don't trick me into believing you're someone you are not ; into thinking that you want what I want when in actuality you only desire what I can give you. I know you're not accustomed to a woman with standards and while that deeply saddens me I can't help but to wonder whether you are the way you are out of ignorance or cowardliness. But I digress. I am simply writing to express my frustration with "men" of your caliber, for lack of a better term. Men who rummage through life seeking out women for their assets and not their intellect , it's sad. For once I'd love to be complimented on my mental ingenuity, the way I speak in verse so fluently just something worth noticing. Something that says you're observational skills go deeper than my superficial layers. Do that and maybe then I can take you seriously. Because right now I don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment