Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lovers Anonymous : First Meeting (cont.)

Q. So what did you do ? Did you stop talking to him? 

Of course I didn't . No , that would've been too much like right . It's sad , I've always been a bit maschositic when it comes to love . I knew that it would not end well, either he'd never call again or all together forget about me , but I couldn't stop myself from falling deeper into his voice. I should have walked away , went back to my car but something was grativating me toward him ; I couldn't , no , didn't want to move. So we talked and talked and I smiled more than I had in a long time and while most would see that as a good thing , I knew better. I've always been a magnet for T.I.M' s. Temporarily Interested Men. You know the guys that only talk to you when they are bored or until you are no longer the flava of the week/month. They never really ask you anything about yourself because they don't plan to stay around long enough to care. The only time they attempt to contact you is when they want company ( the sexual kind ) and it's always through text. And although it was too early to tell if he fit the description I didn't really trust that I could attract a guy who was genuinely interested in getting to know me ;I always air on the side of caution . And yet I still stayed. At one point he went to hug me and you all know how I feel about those , but for some reason my body welcomed his embrace . And he smelled . . . He smelled like HEAVEN. I swear I could smell him well after I had left the bar. Within a matter of maybe five minutes he had aced my superficial checklist .

1. Great teeth / Pretty Smile
2. Bedroom eyes ( Think Omar Epps in Love & Basketball)
3. Has to smell good

So let me correct myself , I wasn't screwed , I was done.  But , guess who gave out their number anyway ? Yupp , this girl right here . Didn't think twice either ; I am the queen of declining exchanging contact information . There was , still is , just something about him. 

Q. So are you still talking ? Make any progress?

Long story short , #ThisCouldBeUsButHePlaying 



No comments:

Post a Comment