Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"Serial Crusher"

Hello my name is Nataja and I am what people would call a serial crusher . For those who aren't familiar with the term I took the liberty of acquiring the definition. 

Serial Crusher
n. 
1. Someone prone to having multiple crushes either all at once or consecutively within a short period of time. Although they fizzle quickly , while in the moment , the "crush" is all that the person thinks of . Often times the ability to differentiate between love and infatuation is lost in this individual .

* Not to be confused with Serial Dater. These crushes are almost always one-sided and headed nowhere quick. 

I noticed quite early on that I displayed the behaviors of a serial crusher but just didn't have the correct term at the time , and now I know . For me it started in the 5th grade mainly because anything farther back than that is very foggy in my mind.

 So let's see . . . 

There was: Ralph Tucker in 5th grade who I thought , at the time, was destined to be my husband , Lewis Toler in sixth grade who I don't ever remember speaking to ( I was extremely shy) but liked all the same, Charles Snow , also throughout sixth grade, we didn't go to school together but we went to the same church ; he had a rough edgy look that you didn't see from most church guys and that's what I liked, Dewayne Walker for the last half of sixth & most of seventh grade, some guy named Reggie in eight grade , sometime during all of this there was also my ex-bestfriend/next door neighbors nephew (he was our age) Laurian Cuffy (May he rest in peace), Marcos Reyes in ninth grade ; math class was finally enjoyable , Lamar Griffis who I happened to go to church with and much later his other brother Keith ( don't judge me they are some fine looking brothers) I was pretty delusional with the older brother thinking I was in love sheesh I probably scared him off and then there was  Lamont Redd , I've loved him since I was 11 and that shit just wouldn't go away. And then I grew up , thank God. I managed to graduate highschool completely crush-free , well, not any new crushes anyway. A few months after I turned 21 I had my first kiss with a jerk named Dino and that is me being nice . That story is another post for another time. Fastforwarding to today there's this guy named Collin .  He actually inspired a blog post or two , see if you can guess which !  Now keep in mind these are just the big crushes and do not include celebrities or minor crushes. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I'm all alone in this "serial crushing" world . What you guys think ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment