Monday, February 10, 2014

Lovers Anonymous : First Meeting

Hello my name is Nataja Wells and I am a recovering hopeless romantic. 

My first relapse was a few months back. There was this guy that I met while out with some friends at a local bar. I know what you guys are thinking ," a bar?", but I think we can all agree that this is quite unusual for me. I normally don't pick guys up when I'm out partying. You see, I'm the quiet reserved girl standing at the edge of the bar with a Long Island in one hand and my cellphone in the other paying no one any attention; my face is borderline indifferent with a twinge of "I wish you would." Simply put, I'm not normally the first one to get approached when we are out. The sad part is my facial displacement does my personality no justice because honestly once you get the past the external layer I'm a pretty cool person , or at least I would like to think so. Okay so back to the guy. He was different , in a good way. Not someone I would normally go after , but after careful observation definitely an altered version of my "type". The first thing I noticed about him , or any guy for that matter , was his smile . I can still picture it even now as I tell you guys this story. That sealed the deal for me ; I am a sucker for a guy with a beautiful smile. And the moment he opened his mouth to speak , I was hooked. I mean he didn't say anything too deep or extremely interesting but his presence was enough to captivate me . Not to mention he had the deepest set eyes I've seen since Omar Epps in Love & Basketball. I lie to you not , I could not look away. And in that moment I knew, I was royally screwed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment